Thursday, November 20, 2008

So, they offered me the job

They offered me the job at the hospital. Two drawbacks. One, it is $4 an hour less than I make now. Two, it is for the night shift - 7p to 7a. I would only work three shifts a week, that is considered full time in hospital land. This should be an easy decision for me. Super-bitch has pushed me over the edge this morning and it took all I had to not quit on the spot when the hospital called.

However, I have financial obligations that I need to think about. Can we afford for me to take a cut in pay? I have no idea. I'm having lunch with BD today to discuss it. I don't do well with change, so this is very scary territory for me. I do know one thing. I'm not happy here. Not here so much as here working for that thing next door to me. She texted me yesterday to "make sure I know I'm expected at work tomorrow." Yeah, I'm very well aware of my schedule beast. What.the.fuck? I don't text her and say "hey, just making sure you know you're due in hell in ten years." Duh, it's obvious.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!

dumb bills. hopefully BD will hook you up with an ok. -$4 an hour would be worth it to me to GTF out of that place. LTT.

:)

calicobebop said...

Change is scary for me too. I hope that you're able to take the job despite the pay cut - sounds like you're losing years of sanity at your current job!

Seriously, what kind of crack is this woman smoking? Just checking to make sure you know you're supposed to work? WTF?

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

next time she checks in to let you know that you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, ask her for a fucking medal. or a cookie. "can i get a medal? thx."

i have no advice on the job. i understand the financial obligations, i understand that you are in a miserable job. but i would have a hard time with the 7pm-7am thing.

best of luck!